Most of the time, your HP printer stop printing suddenly because sometimes the print job stuck in the Window print queue due to which the computer cannot send a job to the printer. Moreover this stuck printing job cannot be removed or canceled. On the other hand it prevents another print job from printing. Further clicking “Cancel” does not do anything to fix the problem. For more help and information consult experts at HP printer technical support.
Below we have discussed the method that will help you to troubleshoot the print stuck problem-
Method 1- Delete Job Files and Restart:
Every time a print job sent by the computer is generated in Windows. Most of the time, it is generated in Windows. Here sometimes, these files get corrupted and cause the different problems. In order to reset the printer, you need to remove these print job files manually and then restart both the computer and the printer.
- First of you need to turn off your printer by pressing the power button and further unplug the printer power cord from the power outlet.
- Now, simply save your work.
- Next, launch Windows Services by one of the following methods-
- Click Service in the list of the result to search Windows.
- Then, you have to press Windows key + R and then type services.msc in the window that opens. Further click “OK”.
- Once you complete the above steps, simply scroll down the list of services and then search for the name “Print Spooler”.
- Afterward, you have to right-click Print Spooler and choose “Stop”.
- Once the service has been stopped, you have to close the service window and directly use Windows Explorer in order to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- Then you have to remove all the files from the PRINTERS folder.
- Close down your computer from Windows.
- Here, you need to ensure that your printer has been unplugged for few minutes. Further plug the power cord into a power outlet.
- Press the power button on the printer to turn it on.
- Turn on the computer and wait for Windows to open.
- After completing all the process, try printing from your printer and check if it is working.
Method 2- Use HP Print and Scan Doctor:
If the first method does not help you to fix the problem, then there is a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor that is used to diagnose and troubleshoot printing and scanning problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor in order to perform some best troubleshooting steps to resolve the printing problem. Once you download the HP Print and Scan Doctor, and perform the troubleshooting steps, try printing from your printer. In case the problem is not fixed, feel free to call on HP printer technical support phone number +1-866-505-7911. We are right here to deliver world-best support and high-end solutions regarding your HP printer problems.